Now, I can't go through every blog (I have provided links to all the ones I'm aware of down to the right) and therefore will risk insulting some, I thought I would give some shoutouts to ones I've been reading frequently recently:
- El Lefty Malo is de rigueure, I've been going there forever
- DrB's When the Giants Come to Town is a great addition, I've been reading his comments forever at other blogs, glad he finally put up a shingle. Great info on prospects there, best around, I think, plus he's very knowledgeable about the Giants as well and will throw out sabermetrics now and again.
- Paapfly is a new one that I read a lot, lots of cool saber analysis there; got himself a gig at THT recently, congrats!
- Splashing Pumpkins is another new one I read a lot, lots of good current Giants news there and links to other sites, plus their original work as well
- Bay City Ball is another great one for saber analysis, and ESPN links up to them
- I enjoy me some 8th Inning Weirdness as well
- I was recently turned on to 24 Days of Magic
- Also baseball monk
- And Remember 51, though they have not written in ages, they must have went into a coma sometime after the 5th game. :^)
- And for general baseball stuff as well as Giants mixed in, there is Saber by the Bay, though they haven't done a Giants post in a while...
- And another recent one for Giants stuff that I've been checking out is Triples Alley
But I haven't been doing nothing. I am working on an update of my analysis of the draft, using updated and better player measurement. That's a huge project and I will probably put it up in pieces before the next draft.
Up next will be my going over a chapter of Baseball Prospectus' book which is a strong part of the foundation upon which I have built my ogc business plan. There is a lot of good information there that most people don't know about, and since the book is out of print (at least, Amazon itself is no longer selling it), I figure it is safe enough for me to discuss one chapter out of the book without disturbing the copyright police. This chapter provides a lot of good info that I used in my business plan, so I thought it would be good to put this out there so other perhaps will understand as well.
And I will do my usual Big 6 lists just before the start of the season (Big 6 in honor of Christy Mathewson, who was nicknamed that).
Plus, of course, cover any big news that happens during spring training, which starts soon: pitchers and catchers report next Monday, Valentine's Day, 2/14, position players next week Friday, 2/18.
Go Giants!!! Again!!!