- Wins: 13 - Tied for 10th in NL, tied for 28th in MLB
- Strikeouts: 163 - 11th in NL, 20th in MLB
- ERA: 3.75 - 13th in NL, 23rd in MLB
- WHIP: 1.22 - tied for 9th in NL, tied for 15th in MLB
- SLG: .347 - 1st in NL and MLB
- OBP: .299 - 7th in NL, tied for 12th in MLB
- Batting Average Against (Opposing BA): .208 - 1st in NL and MLB
- K/BB: 2.09 - tied for 23rd in NL, tied for 50th in MLB (want minimum of 2.0, ideally more)
- BB/9: 4.05 - 40th in NL (5th from last), tied for 78th in MLB (7th from last) (want under 3.0)
- K/9: 8.50 - 4th in NL, 6th in MLB (want over 5.75, preferably over 6.0)
- H/9: 6.88 - 1st in NL and MLB (want under 9.0)
While looking at other stats, for the clouds in the coffee, he was third from last in Pitches Per Inning at 17.24. That is something he will need to work on if he hopes to last longer in games. He also needs to work on BB/9, as can be seen above. This also contributes to the pitches per inning problem as well.
But looking at the pot at the end of the rainbow, Cain is in the 75 percentile or higher in almost every statistical category above, except for any stat related to BB. And he is first in the Majors in 3 categories: Slugging, BAA, and H/9.