- Juan Perez, OF, who has been yo-yo-ing all season long. He'll get a fair number of late game substitution with Morse going out for defensive purposes.
- Chris Dominguez, 3B and 1B, his first time in the majors as he was not on the 40-man roster previously. Ehire Adrianza was moved to the 60-day DL to make space on the 40-man.
- Guillermo Quiroz, C, got the call-up today, mainly, I think, because the Giants want to have three catchers available and Hector Sanchez is out for the season (and his future is uncertain too). He probably would not have gotten the call if not for that, but at least he adds to his MLB pension with service days added. Hanchez got moved to the 60-day DL to allow Quiroz onto the 40-man.
- Mike Kickham, LHP, was no surprise, he provides starting depth on roster and becomes the long relief pitcher on the team with Petit in the rotation and Lincecum focused on figuring out his kinks (not so good today, so more work to go). If Petit should end up back at long relief, Kickham might see some regular middle relief work, and might get an appearance anyway, here and there, to stay sharp.
- Hunter Strickland, RHP, was the biggest addition for me because the Giants had previously noted that he could be a future closer. It will be exciting to see how quickly Bochy gives him a chance to throw some leveraged outs, how much leeway he gives our possible future closer, important given that Romo will be a free agent after the season. This could be Strickland's audition to get a role in next season's bullpen, which I frankly expect him to be in contention for in spring training, he hardly walked anyone this season (0.8 BB/9) and struck out a large amount (12.8 K/9) both of which bode well for success in the majors for him.
Congrats and good luck to all the call-ups, hopefully they will be part of an exciting run to the playoffs.